About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
To lead security team in every day duties and coordinate efforts to ensure safety and security of North Memorial Health Hospital's team members and customers. Communicate with leadership team in regards to development of officers, and processes, on a continual basis.
What we’ll expect from you
• All accountabilities as outlined in Security officer position in addition to;
• Ensure training of new officers, as well as current officers/dispatch, is completed and documentation completed accurately and timely
• Assist leadership by monitoring productivity/efficiency of department staff and communicating concerns
• Assist with continued development of security department post orders, and carry out as defined
• Discuss performance concerns of other officers/dispatchers with supervisor/manager as arise
• Ability to multitask with multiple roles or request from other teams
• Ability to come in early, or stay late as needed with proper notice or needs arise
• Ability to guide other officers and communicate to leaderships attention
• Accept delegated tasks and be able to acknowledge others strengths and pass on accordingly
• Assist in the coordination of parking duties
• In the absence of a "Lead Security Officer" fill in as role as "Lead Security Officer" accountable for;
• • Establish daily schedule to ensure posts are maintained and rounds completed
• • Act as liaison with Administrative Manager and coordinate cares/security needs as presented• Ensure security staff are performing their assigned duties as listed in Security Officer job description
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School graduate or GED
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Must have one of the following:
• 1+ year healthcare security prefferred
• 3+ years providing direct customer service utilizing conflict resolution skills on a daily basis.
• 2+ years direct patient contact in a level I trauma center in an emergency department setting.
• 2+ years of security, law enforcement and/or military experience
• Basic computer knowledge required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Decision making, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to deal with disruptive situations in line with CMS, DNV and Medical Center policy
• Excelling public relations and communications skills
• Proficient with computers and software based programs.
• Self starter and ability to work under pressure
• Organized and detail orientated
• Ability to motivate and lead others
• Valid class D driver's license in state of residencey with acceptable driving record
• Must be qualififed by North Memorial Health Hospital Department of Transportation to operate hospital vehicles
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Day/Evening/Night Variable
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt