About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you’re part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North’s culture which is designed to actively support each team member’s wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
You must live in Minnesota or Wisconsin to be considered for this position or be willing to relocate. This position is a mainly working remotely at home and must be able to attend onsite meetings and training as needed at our headquarters in Robbinsdale, Minnesota. You must have high speed internet at home to work remotely.
The Provider Compensation Analyst works both independently and as a critical team member to implement and support the design, delivery, communication and administration of physician and advance practice provider (APP) compensation, including base pay, production pay, premium pay, and variable compensation programs to meet current and future business needs. This role partners very closely with and may work at the direction of the Provider Compensation Program Manager and on occassion the Director of Provider Services on key initiatives and deliverables. Role is relied upon to work effectively with senior leadership roles, administer production compensation, completion of compensation surveys, and conduct market data analysis.The Provider Compensation Analyst is fully proficient in applying established standards and knowledge acquired from several years of experience in compensation, and to support system-wide (multi-employer) compensation programs. The incumbent serves as the point of contact for leaders, providers, human resources, finance and other provider services staff in matters relating to provider compensation.
What we’ll expect from you
• Provides a full range of compensation support for employed provider plans and contracted provider groups of North Memorial Health, Maple Grove Hospital, and Blaze Health that aligns with and upholds the compensation philosophy of the respective entities
• Conducts market pricing and analysis of multiple provider specialties for annual planning purposes as well as mid-cycle reviews based on business needs
• Compiles and reviews data related to provider salary survey participation on behalf of the organization with multiple vendors
• Monitors and runs reports specific to provider productivity information for benchmarking, and also administration of productivity compensation. Facilitate monthly production statements for individual providers and leadership roll -up reporting. Maintains production pay files for the purposes of budget, accrual, and accounting
• Relied on for subject matter expertise in survey data and trends for physician specialties, and advance practice providers, including physician assistants, nurse practitioners, certified nurse anesthetists, licensed psychologists, neuropsychologists, psychotherapists, and provider leadership roles
• Provides forensic analysis in partnership with provider business partners, finance and/or payroll analysts on pay concerns, which may require accessing multiple data systems, reviewing plan documents, and working with operational leaders and providers on resolution
• Assists in preparing materials for North Memorial Health's provider compensation committees
• Demonstrates acumen related to provider compensation and arrangement principles of Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness.
• Partners with leadership and internal counsel when appropriate on legal considerations of Stark Law, Antikickback, Antitrust and non-profit status as it relates to provider compensation and contractual arrangements
• Prepares financial models, cost projections and develop/budget projections
• Serves as the point of contact for executive and operational leadership, providers, human resources, finance and other provider services staff in matters relating to production statements, and provider pay changes including Full Time Equivalent (FTE) and production draw changes, and completion of Employee Change Notices (ECN’s) effecting the payroll system
• Partners with internal resources to coordinate the annual Provider Incentive programs including clarification of goals with senior leadership, calculation of payments, design of individual payout forms and schedule for payments
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, finance, health care administration or a closely related field required
• Master's or graduate degree in healthcare administration, human resources or related field preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum of five years’ experience as a business analyst or in a compensation role with responsibility for compensation analysis, contract administration, or practice management support.
• Three or more years of related experience in analyzing and interpreting data within a health care setting or similar service delivery setting
• Experience and demonstrated skill in project management and complex compensation administration
• Analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills to evaluate complex information, identify relationships and make sound deductions and interpretations of data.Working knowledge of business statistics and applications, including provider practice indicators.
• Working knowledge of payroll and human resource management systems
• Demonstrated ability to identify solutions to business challenges with a results-oriented mindset.
• Advanced or mastery-level skill with spreadheet (Excel) or database applications
• Advanced skill with softwary applications such as word processing and presentation/graphics software.
• Organizational and administrative skills required to handle multiple projects and programs with minimal supervision; ability to manage details without losing sight of broad goals.
• Demonstrated flexibility in interpersonal style, and ability to influence and persuade various groups or individuals to new ideas, processes and behaviors.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining collaborative effective partnerships and working relationships.
• Excellent written and oral skills to efficiently communicate with all levels in the organization and externally. Skill in presenting complex ideas clearly and effectively to a non-technical audience
• Able to analyze large volumes of data that supports appropriate compensation decisions for the organization
• Knowledge of healthcare environment, systems, and operations
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) by WorldatWork, SPHR, or Certified Specialist Physician Practice Management (CSPPM) by Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: Hybrid Remote
FLSA Status: Exempt