About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The IT Systems Analyst is an expert in translating business needs into functional requirements, provides oversight of integration amongst application systems, participating in application selection and design, testing, conversion and implementation milestones. The IT Systems Analyst performs research and fact-finding to select, develop or modify applications, interfaces or reports. Works closely between department customers, vendors, and other IT staff, and may assume a leadership role in analysis sessions, development of specifications, and small projects as assigned. Works closely with Infrastructure Services and Customer Support staff to maintain and support the application system environment. The IT Systems Analyst will generally focus on one primary area of expertise. Focus areas include, but are not limited to: revenue cycle systems, clinical systems, ancillary department systems, and administrative, corporate or business systems.
What we’ll expect from you
• Identifies application and system integration problems and possible solutions in a timely and accurate manner. Provides assistance to IT Application Administrators and IT Customer Support staff to provide application support.
• Interprets and provides solutions to meet business analysis and data reporting, work order IT Service Catalog requests. Coordinates and validates business process modifications with customers.
• Analyzes impact of possible system solutions including risk analysis and works with business line to anticipate the impact of the technology change to the customer’s departmental processes.
• Provides assistance in the selection, installation, and maintenance of purchased applications by participating in defining business requirements for system selection. Assists with coordinating vendor activities for assigned projects and IT requests.
• Plans, documents, executes, and tracks results of application and interface testing programs according to quality assurance and change management guidelines.
• Adheres to change control policies and utilizes standard change management processes and acts as a change agent to assist users and promote system stability. Participates in downtime, communication and recovery process planning for application environments.
• As Access Control Administrator for assigned systems and applications, grants, revokes or changes computer access as requested and approved per North Memorial policies and procedures.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• BS or BA degree in business, healthcare, computer science, or a minimum of 3 years of technical systems support or application support.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum 3 years using information technology in daily operations.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a large, complex healthcare technology environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Organization skills demonstrating the ability to work independently and efficiently.
• Working knowledge of HL7, SQL, database structure and reporting techniques and tools.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated customer service methodology and accountability.
Maintain professional/clinical competence, certification and/or licensure as applicable. - NMHC Standard
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Remote or On-site: Remote
FLSA Status: Exempt