$5,000 Sign on Bonus
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus. Current team members or former team members employed by North Memorial Health, Maple Grove Health or Blaze Health in the last six (6) months are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus. Sign-on bonuses have a repayment commitment, and a prorated repayment is required if the commitment is not fulfilled.
About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
Nurse Managers coordinate activities between defined areas, and provide clinical and administrative leadership and expertise. Nurse Managers facilitate an atmosphere of interactive management and the development of collegial relationships among nursing personnel and others. Nurse Managers serve as a link between nursing personnel and other healthcare disciplines/ workers throughout the organization and within the healthcare community. Nurse Managers have major responsibility for the implementation of the vision, mission, philosophy, core values, evidence based practice, and the standards of the organization, and nursing services within their defined areas of responsibility.
The Nurse Manager coordinates the operations of one or more defined areas of nursing services. The Nurse Manager is accountable for nursing practice under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer. Nurse Managers support, facilitate, role model, and operationalize the vision of North Memorial.
What we’ll expect from you
• Ensures that care is delivered with respect for individuals' rights and preferences.
• Develops and implements policy and procedures that guide and support the provision of nursing services.
• Assumes responsibility to ensure that assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering the scope of practice, competencies, customer needs and complexity of care.
• Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
• Builds an environment of shared commitment and engagement to the department's goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Utilizes process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of service/care.
• Ensures shared accountability for professional practice and annually evaluates performance of personnel.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Achieves key customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth. Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Act Strategically
• Use Financial Data
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Meet Customer Needs
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer's needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Engage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptabiliy)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
Bachelors Degree in Nursing or related field; Masters preferred. Experience may be substituted for part of preferred educational qualifications as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum of two years of experience in clinical service area.
• Two years of progressive leadership or management experience. • Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice
• Knowledge of nursing ethics
• Skill in managing conflict effectively in a manner that quickly finds common ground to solve issues
• Knowledge of labor relations principles and negotiation process preferred
• Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota
- State Requirement
• BLS certification or obtained within 6 months
- NMHC Standard
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Occasional Weekends
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt