About this position
The SPD manager coordinates the operations of the Sterile Processing Department. The manager supports, facilitates, role models and operationalizes the vision of North Memorial Medical Center and the assets of respect, pride, teamwork, accountability and communication to promote remarkable care. The SPD manager plans and is accountable for customer service, internal operation, culture and learning, and the financial and professional performance of SPD. The SPD manager is responsible for providing leadership in advancing the technology based on the regulatory agencies and continuous quality improvement for providing instrumentation that is safe for patient care.
What we’ll expect from you
• Achieves key patient care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for patient care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth. Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Act Strategically
• Use Financial Data
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Meet Customer Needs
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer's needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Engage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptabiliy)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or health care preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum three years experience in clinical service area.
• Minimum three years experience in management.
• Demonstrated Total Quality Management, leadership, communication, organizational, and management skills
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None