About this position
This position provides technical guidance and leadership of systemwide workforce health, wellbeing, safety and absence management programs. Plans, designs, and implements programs, policy, procedures and systems that align with corporate strategies to improve all employee health programs, including occupational health, wellbeing, safety and absence management. Creates a culture of health that proactively addresses health, wellbeing and safety risks of the team member. In this leadership role the Manager, Team Member Health Services will model professional behaviors, nursing excellence, integrity, organizational commitment, and strive to problem solve through innovation and creative solutions. This role will lead a team of occupational health nurses, wellbeing and absence management professionals and inspire them to excel and support the development of new and emerging services.
What we’ll expect from you
• Interacts with the leaders and team members of North Memorial Health, Maple Grove Hospital and Blaze Health to promote and provide compliant occupational health, wellbeing, safety and absence management services.
• Direct the development, implementation, delivery, and periodic review of appropriate policies, occupational health and safety standards and procedures, wellbeing and absence management programs and strategies to ensure best in class performance, regulatory compliance, program effectiveness, standardization, quality assurance, and team member satisfaction.
• Ensure regular audits and/or best practice reviews of all occupational health and safety services. This requires regular communication with management teams to ensure alignment on occupational health and safety requirements, risk assessments, priorities, gaps, and compliance issues. Best practices in occupational health and safety will require continuous improvement and benchmarking initiatives.
• Support the development, implementation, assessment and review of occupational health and safety programs and supporting educational programs to meet applicable corporate, state, federal, and OSHA requirements. Programs include injury prevention, ergonomics, respiratory protection, vaccinations, medical surveillance, medical clearance, health monitoring, pre-placement/post-offer evaluations, fitness for duty, return to work, ADA/FMLA, case management, and health related absence management.
• Oversee systemwide absence management program and services of occupational and non-occupational leaves of absence and work accommodation to improve regulatory compliance, quality, team member experience and drive cost efficiencies.
• Champion and embed wellbeing and resiliency strategies into culture and work environment empowering team members to own their health/wellbeing and deliver unmatched customer experience.
• Provide direct management to occupational health nurses, wellbeing and absence management professions including orientation, coaching and feedback, problem solving and objective guidance, clinical issues, performance reviews, calibration, salary handling, career development, and continuing education.
• Responsible for establishing, tracking, and reporting metrics reflecting impact of occupational health, safety, wellbeing and absence management programs and report program outcomes to respectively committees and management.
• Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams and maintains effective working relationships with other departments.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelor’s (BSN) degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Five or more years of experience leading workplace safety and occupational health.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory or people management experience.
MN RN license required
CPR certification required
COHN-S, COHN or COHN-CM preferred
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None