About this position
Responsible for maintenance and repair of electronic communication equipment that is in use by North Memorial Ambulance Service (NMAS). Primary responsibility will be installation of subscriber equipment and performing preventative maintenance and repairs on all subscriber equipment.
What we’ll expect from you
• Performs preventative maintenance and repair to assure all communication equipment is in good working order.
• Performs and maintains audits of all communication equipment and frequency usage in all regions.
• Coordinates and/or performs the installation of mobile and fixed communication equipment.
• Assists with training staff on the proper usage of either new or existing communication equipment
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Completion of a two year college, technical school, or military program in radio communications, computer science, or related electronics field preferred.
• Completion of the following System Overview classes or equivalent.
• ACS78200-E ASTRO 25 Trunking System Overview
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous work or experience with a Motorola P25 Digital Simulcast Trunked Radio System or similar.
• Previous work or experience with subscriber programming on P25 systems.
• Familiarity with the aspects of Public Safety response and 911 communications.
Valid FCC General Radio Telephone Operator License or equivalent; or obtained within 6 months of start. - Federal Requirement
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: Occasional Call