About this position
The Education Specialist provides learning program oversight throughout the NMH system in support of team member education; including overarching coordination of the mandatory education requirements, competency management, preceptor program, regulatory requirements, QMS data coordination, Agency (temporary agency) compliance and professional development. This includes partnering with the Learning Management System administrator in managing and maintaining courses and records; serving as a resource to educators and assisting in departmental efforts, etc. Scope of responsibility spans all clinical and non-clinical areas across the system. Partners closely with leadership and all dept educators. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of North Memorial Health. The Education Specialist will have primary responsibility for either Classroom Learning or Online Learning
What we’ll expect from you
• Conducts learning needs assessment and recommends proper learning solution for team member development programs.
• Oversees content development including, but not limited to, new hire, ongoing development, and annual refresher based on sound instructional design and adult learning theory.
• Responsible for delivery of content in their area of expertise - in-person or virtual classroom or online learning.
• Partners and supports clinical education teams, competency management program and core work for non-clinical areas.
• Oversees preceptor program alignment for best onboarding.
• Aligns content with mission, vision, values and guiding principles and E&I objectives.
• Ensures current regulatory alignment.
• Partners with QMS, delivering data to drive continuous improvement.
• Partners with HRMS Administrator for Learning Management System reporting.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in associated field, such as HR, Education, Healthcare or minimum six years of progressive experience in a learning and development/organizational development role.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum of 2 years designing and developing core education programs. Preferred experience in healthcare, including DNV or JC regulatory requirements, oversight of required learning and competency management.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of Adult Learning Theory and sound instructional design principles.
• Strong stakeholder management practices.
• Education Specialist responsible for Classroom Learning will have strong classroom facilitation experience, classroom management techniques, and virtual classroom delivery expertise.
• Education Specialist responsible for Online Learning will have demonstrated proficiency in online learning tools such as Articulate Storyline 360 or Adobe Captivate.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
• Demonstrated problem solving and judgment capabilities.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely, both in written and oral form, in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and adjust workload accordingly.
• Must take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new responsibilities.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Demonstrated proficiency in virtual classroom tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom Pro, WebEx, etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office, with demonstrated capability in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Learning Management system.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Weekends as Needed
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None